Monday, March 7, 2011

Changes to my Chaos




After playing a game with a friend of mine, we discussed the painting end of the hobby. I had always enjoyed that he picked a custom scheme for his Imperial Guard army, with his own background/ideas instead of a pre-packaged GW theme. I had mentioned that I was starting my second army using a Black Legion colour scheme, and he suggested that I make my own faction up and do it my way. Now, while I enjoy the game-play a great deal, I think that the hobby end gives me some of the greatest enjoyment, it's certainly a focus for me. At any rate, here is what I've come up with so far: It's just a test scheme, but I enjoy how it looks so far. I figure my veterans will have bone colour helmets and a slightly different chapter emblem, while the less experienced marines will have green helmets with black as a secondary colour. I think I'll base them on a bit more of a wasteland look, with dead grass. I tried to keep the tones muted, yet give it enough oomph to stand out on the table, I think the contrast in the shoulder emblem really works for this figure. I'm really trying to think of a good name for the chapter that suits their theme. I feel that this groups is more on the space pirate/raider/marine renegade of the spectrum (a la Red Corsairs etc) than the "I'm crazy and mutated and tainted" end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment