Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hobby Mastery

So, I've been painting and I've been comparing and I've been thinking.

Since I've started back into the hobby, my hobby skill level has gone up quite a bit.

Since I've been packing to move, I've had to organize my hobby stuff before I box it up. This caused me to dig into my models. I lined up a selection of models from different points in my development, from one of the first cruddy blood angel marine I painted to the more recent stuff like my dreadnought. I was pretty shocked at the degree of difference from my early work to my more recent projects. I'm encouraged. I always wanted to paint magazine/competition quality models and it's good to see that I'm still improving and haven't hit a plateau. I really need to get a better camera so I can take a photo to accompany this post. It should be happening soon.

The other thing that has picked up is my painting speed. With my improvement as a painter, I'm painting at a fairly rapid pace. I think I'll get into hobby overdrive mode once I'm settled into my new place.

Expect more frequent updates with photos shortly after the move.

On the block for the coming year:

- Game table and terrain building.
- Completion of my Tau army
- Orcs and Goblins
- Chaos Space Marines
- Gundam models painted, possibly dioramas. I plan to mostly airbrush this
- Warmahordes
- Baby pictures
- tons of battlereports including events surrounding an upcoming campaign that we should be starting shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment