Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sickness

It's official, my daughter is a germ incubator.
I've just been off two days of work, one to take care of my family, the other to have them take care of me. The good news is, I had some time for hobby.

Now that the dust has settled after the move, I've organized up my hobby.

Today was a bit of off topic hobby. Though I didn't think I'd ever try any tastes outside of the GW hobby, I picked up a starter warmachine force. Realization that to play the game required very little models (I have four to start with!) made it pretty approachable as a side project. After all, that's maybe a week's worth of hobby work. With that in mind, I plan on putting extra work into the figures as I do them, really take my time.

In the past two days I did up the bases for the starter force.

Since I'm doing a Menoth force, I opted for dry, cracked earth, to lend itself to some of the desert/fire themes in their background.

Here's how I started, filling the bases with GS, using bark for some extra rocky detail. I textured the greenstuff with crumpled aluminum foil, a toothbrush and a sculpting tool:


Then I primed in black, basecoated in a medium brown and drybrushed lighter colours to achieve this look:


With a model:



I also wanted to experiment with off-whites of late, so I've been working on this marine for fun, painting him to a higher standard than I would an army. Still thinking up a unique chapter symbol/name.




I should have some pictures of a Chaos Sorcerer and standard bearer for my Black Legion up soon. As well, my Tau army nears completion. All that remains is some finishing touches on a crisis suit squad and a bit of vehicle painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment