Saturday, March 13, 2010

Battle Missions!

Picked up the Battle Missions expansion book and I'm quite pleased. After the hubbub around it containing mostly race specific missions, each of them are more than playable than other races. In fact, they acknowledge in the book itself that this is expected. Some race specific missions even give certain rules/modifications that give the stand in force some consideration. There are a lot of missions that bear similarities to each other, but that's just fine. What I like about this is that there are a plethora of really innovative deployments and victory conditions. I'm pumped to try some out.

Overall - I'm pleased

Tourney Update
The first round of our tourney is done and we're in the second leg of it now. The Orks come out on top, followed by Guard and Eldar. The losing factions are headed up by the Tau and the two Space Marine armies. I'm going up against a mechanized Eldar list in my next bout, which should prove challenging for me since it is an Annihilation game. I'm still not sure how I'm going to crack the vehicles. I'm debating on how to use reserves, how to outmanouver and so on. Report on that as soon as it happens.

I didn't post up a "Best and Worst" moment from my last game as is customary. I'll make up for that now.

Best moment: Causing my opponent's heavy weapons team to fall back in the first turn set his nerves on edge for the rest of the game. Terrific.

Worst moment: My Kroot breaking and running off the table. Unreliable auxillaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment