Monday, June 21, 2010

The Black Legion Swells!

Yes, my chaos army has grown a bit. I finally got around to putting together my land raider and it's looking fairly sharp. I must say I didn't have much of a concept of just how BIG these things are. It makes my old 3rd ed predator look like a baby tank next to it. I've also put together a nice sized Chaos Terminator squad. I picked up a Chaos Terminator Lord box and a box of Chaos Termies. While those boxes give me 6 termies to work with, I was able to put together a solid 8 terminators by using the extra arms, heads and bits in conjunction with some of my loyalist terminators that are collecting dust. Slowly, my loyalist models are turning to the lure of Chaos! I have enough bits still to throw together another 1 or 2 termies yet. I'll post up pictures when I get my camera back.

I played a battle missions game today and tried the terminators out. They worked out well enough, but the mission type forced them to run without the terminator lord and weakened them somewhat. I feel that, overall, they'll perform better when I throw them in a Land Raider in a higher point game to get them into assault a bit more quickly.

In the realm of my main army, the Tau, I've put together my second hammerhead and built up another Crisis suit squad as well as a pair of broadsides. These additions will make their way into my army marching up to 1750 points. In the meantime, I've been busy trying to paint up the extra suits I'll need in the jump to 1250/1500. While I feel confident at getting what I need done for 1250 in time for the next step in our escalation league, I may have to substitute some stealth suits in place of the additional crisis suits I want. I'm still waiting for an order from GW, and it takes a while to paint these big guys. In the meantime, I do have stealth suits painted and ready to go, though I don't think they'll give my army what it needs at that level, I'm canny enough to make things work.

Playing another friendly game with my chaos tomorrow, but on Saturday my Tau are out for their third league matchup. Report with pictures should be up on Sunday or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment