Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week 2 "I forgot to take pictures"

Monthly Meet
My group had our first monthly meet for hobby. Just about everyone showed up and there was much painting, modeling and gaming to be had. I'm personally excited that we have most of our upcoming tourney planned out and everyone is on board. I'll be reporting frequently on this as I will be organizing said tournament. I hope someone buys me lunch sometime ;).

No photos you say?

I forgot to take pictures! I bought batteries for my camera and everything so this will be a much sparser post than I had planned. Apologies, but I'll have more pictures up here of basically everything soon enough.

To battle!
There were a few games going on. Kris's Eldar faced off against Orion's marines and from what I saw it was a fun game. Kris took the win by one point in an annihilation scenario. Apparently marines are difficult to kill.
I faced off against Orion's marines as well and had a fun game. He is a great guy to play with and a good sport. It was a pretty standard layout, 4 objectives with a pitched battle deployment. I ironed out the kinks in my list, gave my commander some protection and extra firepower in the form of gun drones and took some kroot and pathfinders, scaling back my suit choices to a single Fireknife (multi-tracker, plasma rifle and missile pod). I had a good starting position, being able to defend two objectives from cover, while the other two were in the open for my opponent to try and take. I took advantage of my kroot's infiltrate and had them infiltrate into the cover that one of the objectives was sitting in. The game went to seven turns and was a solid win for me. I had some luck in the beginning in taking out his dreadnought which was the biggest threat to my vehicles. My other good move was using my pirahna to block his assault marines from hitting my lines. The worst they did was eat my pathfinders, but it showed me the danger of letting the marines get close.

Best moment - seeing my commander lay down torrents of fire and vaporise space marines with AP1/AP2 goodness. The centurion build finally worked with gun drones attached.

Worst moment - Watching space marines shrug off impressive amounts of firepower. Then again, this is almost a "best moment" thing as well :).

Great time overall. Looking forward to the next meet.

2 comments:

  1. We NEED to get more photos of these events. I'll try to make a habit of bringing my camera. The Terrain at Imagine games is just too awesome to not take advantage of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I brought my camera to this past meet, but I suppose due to me rescheduling it not too many people had time for a game.
    Next time.

    ReplyDelete