Sunday, January 31, 2010

My customized commander.

Here is a few shots of my commander, which eventually ended up being modeled as a "Centurion". note the custom target array on his left shoulder. Sorry if the shots aren't terrific, but I'm working on getting better at it. You can click on each picture for an enlarged image.

In the beginning stages. This is before adding green stuff and just trying out ideas:



Here he is roughly finished. I just blu tacked some weapons on him to get a feel for the stance. Green Stuff has been added on the chest to bulk him out a bit and fill in any gaps. I put a regular suit next to him to show off how much more dynamic and bulked out he is compared to a normal XV8:



And finally here he is in his finished "Centurion" build. The pictures unfortunately don't do him justice and the paint work doesn't look as subtle as it does in real life, but you can get the idea.



And from the back:




I don't know if I'll be excited or disapointed when they release a new commander model. I'm sure this fellow will still be in the rotation.



No comments:

Post a Comment