Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wauggghhhhhhhh!

Showdown against Mekboss.... something or other tonight. Originally planned on facing the space marines, but ended up playing Orks instead! Dawn of War, with each of us choosing an objective in our deployment zone. My opponent rolled first and deployed close up the line, but I seized the initiative! This worked out poorly for me in the end since the night fighting handicapped my impressive Tau guns.
Overall it was a hard fought game on both sides. It really looked like the Orks were going to handily walk away with a victory, but some last minute heroics on my part forced a draw.

Best moment(s) of the game - my phirana's gun drones were incredible. They detached, took out two of the Ork cannons, won two assaults (against gretchin ;) and killed an outflanking deffcopta. Those little guys were heroes.

Worst moment - my commander eating a rokkit on the first turn! I'm sensing a trend here.

4 comments:

  1. Curse those drones! I was at the receiving end of them, and I should not underestimate them. Game came out as a draw with both of us battling hard for the two objectives.

    And your poor commander. Lucky shot from an Ork in a trukk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking I should give my commander a pair of gun drones. Not as defensive as shield drones, but they can eat any high str/ap weapons that get shot at him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How would that work with unit size. Do they count as a unit of 3 then? If so, then losing 1 Drone means you have to make a Leadership test. And if you lose both Drones, then you can't regroup. That is of course if they count towards the unit size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true, but he's LD 9. So the odds of falling back are slim. The chances of losing him that way are much smaller than having him get hit by a krak that he can't save against. If I was really worried about not being able to regroup I could spend 5 pts to give him a bonding knife to solve that problem, but I don't think it will be an issue.

    ReplyDelete